BlendJet recalls 4.8 million portable blenders

Areas of malfunctioning have made BlendJet 2 prone to catching fire, overheating, and breaking blades
The image shows the BlendJet 2 portable blender. — Blendjet
The image shows the BlendJet 2 portable blender. — Blendjet

Around 4.8 million units of a renowned portable blender, BlendJet 2, have been recalled for posing some life-threatening risks.

The areas of malfunctioning have made the home appliance prone to catching fire, overheating, and breaking the blender blades.

As per the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, the property damage inflicted upon the blender’s users is around $150,000. The quoted figure is a sum of 329 reports of the blades breaking, 17 reports of overheating, 49 reports of minor burns, and one report of a laceration, CNN reported.

Read more: Three winter gadgets to keep you warm

“The recalled blenders can overheat or catch fire and the blender blades can break off, posing fire and laceration hazards to consumers,” said CPSC.

The recall notice issued by the company stated that recalled variants of the blender include different colour models costing between $50 and $75.

The blenders were sold from October 2020 through November at Costco, Walmart, Target and other stores nationwide and online at, added the notice.

“BlendJet will provide owners of affected units who register with a free replacement base unit (and matching lid) for their portable blender,” said its recall notice.

How to find if your BlendJet 2 is recalled

If you too are a BlendJet 2 customer and want to find out whether your blender has been recalled or not, follow the following steps.

  • Go to the company’s website (
  • Navigate to the “Is my BlendJet 2 Recalled?” tool.
  • Now the tool will require the serial number of your blender.
  • The serial number of the blender is written at the bottom of it.
  • Enter the serial number on the website and you’ll be notified if your blender is among those recalled models.

To those having the recalled model, the company has advised them to immediately stop using it.